The BasX TA-100 combines the features and capabilities of an audiophile quality stereo preamplifier, a high-performance FM tuner, and a high-quality power amplifier – all in one convenient package. The preamp section includes line level analog inputs for a CD player or line-level source, a built-in USB DAC with plenty of digital inputs for your computer and other digital stereo sources, a high-quality phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, and provisions for an optional high-quality AptX Bluetooth input module. The tuner offers full digital control, and 50 station presets. The fully complementary, all discrete Class A/B amplifier section delivers plenty of clean power to drive a pair of high-quality stereo speakers to satisfying listening levels; and the TA-100 includes line level outputs for a powered subwoofer, or for connecting an external power amplifier. The TA-100 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the TA-100 simple to configure and operate, and the big, easy to read, VFD display on the TA-100’s front panel shows you exactly what’s going on at all times.
The BasX TA-100 offers the type of performance you might expect to find on expensive components costing many times its modest price. Unlike many other affordable audio components these days, the TA-100 delivers the superb sound and build quality you expect from a true high-end audiophile component. It has vanishingly low noise and distortion and features a wide-bandwidth design allowing you get the most out of your HD sources. Don’t be fooled by the conservative power ratings. Unlike the “throw-away” amplifiers you get in many low-powered receivers, the beefy fully complementary, all-discrete power amplifiers in the TA-100 have plenty of power reserves to drive all but the most inefficient speakers. Like all Emotiva amplifiers, they work very well with both 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm speakers.
The BasX TA-100 is built to last, with a heavy-duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction… We expect you to enjoy your BasX TA-100 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It’s all about playing the music. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or solid gold knobs or jewel encrusted remote controls. And you don’t need all sorts of complicated features you’re never going to use. The key to building a great audio system is to use well-designed components with excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. Every Emotiva BasX component has been designed from the ground up to be part of an excellent audio system. They incorporate the latest cutting edge technology and all the features you need to give you the best possible listening experience.
As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack.
You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
Highly optimized circuit layout ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
Audiophile quality, fully complementary, all discrete Class A/B amplifiers, with plenty of power to drive a pair of high quality stereo speakers to satisfying listening levels.
Precision digital conversion on all digital inputs is provided by the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192 DAC.
Sensitive FM tuner, which features 50 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
A full complement of analog inputs, including two line level inputs, and a high quality phono input that supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
A full complement of digital inputs, including one 24/96k USB input, 24/192 coax and optical S/PDIF inputs, and an optional Bluetooth receiver.
An independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favorite headphones for personal listening.
Line level main stereo outputs allow you use the TA-100 as a tuner/preamp with a separate stereo power amp.
In addition to the main stereo outputs, a separate pair of summed outputs are provided for connecting your favorite subwoofer.
Bass and Treble controls provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
VFD display provides a simple and easy to read display with 3 dimmable levels.
Our unique balance control simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant.
The intelligent Mute control allows you to mute the audio output on your system, and then return precisely to your previous listening level.
Our intelligent headphone level control independently remembers the level you set for your headphones and your main outputs.
The included full function remote control lets you operate all the controls on the TA-100 without getting out of your favorite listening seat.
A flexible menu system makes the BasX TA-100 easy to configure and simple to operate.
The BasX TA-100 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure itself to operate with your local line voltage.
full three year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX tuner/amplifier for years to come.
- 2 pairs; stereo analog line level inputs (CD, Aux).
- 1 pair; stereo phono inputs (switchable; moving magnet or moving coil).
- 1 tuner; FM (with external antenna input; 50 station presets).
- 1; digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k.
- 1; digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k.
- 1; digital USB (DAC input); 24/96k; no drivers required.
- 1; Bluetooth receiver (requires optional AptX Bluetooth dongle).
- 1 pair; main line level output; stereo, unbalanced.
- 1 pair; speaker outputs; stereo, 5-way binding post.
- 2; summed full range outputs (for connecting one or two subwoofers), unbalanced.
- 1; stereo headphone output (front panel).
Maximum output level:
- 4 VRMS.
- 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
- < 0.0015% (A-weighted).
- < 0.004% (SMPTE).
- > 115 dB.
- < 90 dB.
- 50 watts RMS per channel (20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.02%; into 8 Ohms).
- 90 watts RMS per channel (1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms).
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz + 0 dB / – 0.25 dB (at rated power; into 8 Ohms).
Broadband frequency response:
- 20 Hz to 80 kHz + 0 dB / – 3 dB.
- < 0.05% (A-weighted).
- > 100 dB (A-weighted; ref full power).
- > 85 dB (A-weighted; ref 1 watt).
Frequency response (MM and MC):
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
- < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted).
- < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
- > 90 dB (MM).
- > 68 dB (MC).
- 8 Ohms: 23 mW / channel.
- 33 Ohms: 90 mW / channel.
- 47 Ohms: 127 mW / channel.
- 150 Ohms: 145 mW / channel.
- 300 Ohms: 114 mW / channel.
- 600 Ohms: 75 mW / channel.
- 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
- 5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
- < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
- < 0.007% (SMPTE).
- > 110 dB ref rated output.
- 12 VDC trigger output.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
- Power: rocker switch; rear panel.
- Standby: one front panel push button; halo ring changes color to indicate status.
- Two front panel pushbuttons: Input Select; menu operation.
- One front panel knob: Volume; Tuning; menu operation.
- Display: high visibility blue alphanumeric VFD display (dimmable).
- Remote Control: compact full-function infrared remote control.
- Menu and Control System; simplified, highly intuitive menu system
- (includes Setup options, Bass, Treble, and Balance controls).
17” wide x 2-5/8” high x 12-1/2” deep (unboxed; without connectors).
21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).
15 lbs (unboxed).
19.5 lbs (boxed).